• Doctor of Medicine. Medical School. University of Naples “Federico II” Medical School (1990-1996).
• Works as Lead of Gastroenterology Department at the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London (September 2016 – Present).
• His clinical interests embrace disorders of gastrointestinal motility, including gastroesophageal reflux disease, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, chronic constipation, functional gastrointestinal disorders and chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction.
• Together with Dr Rybak, Dr Lindley and Dr Saliakellis, he runs a specialist motility centre for children with severe congenital and acquired gut motility disease, including Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction (CIPO).
• He is also the lead of the motility diagnostic lab at GOSH, where state-of-art diagnostic investigations are performed, including antroduodenal manometry and colonic manometry.
• Member of GI Committee of European Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (ESPGHAN).
• Member of different international working groups on the development of new clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and management of CIPO, and on the standardization of complex motility investigations.
• Author of more than 90 original papers in international scientific journals, and numerous book chapters.
• Has participated as a speaker in more than 40 conferences and meetings.
The content of this website is for healthcare professionals only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best for babies.
LGG® is a registered trademark of Chr. Hansen A/S.