• Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery (courses 1983-1989) University of Oviedo.
• Training in Pediatrics: Department of Pediatrics of the Central Hospital of Asturias 1991-1994, performing the last year of training at the Gastroenterology and Nutrition Section of said Department.
• Doctoral Thesis (1997): “Cardiovascular risk factors in a sample of Asturian schoolchildren. Transversal study. Longitudinal study Tracking".
• Postgraduate Master in design and statistics in health sciences. Autonomous University of Barcelona. 2004.
• He has worked as a Primary Care Pediatrician and Pediatrician in a Regional Hospital; From September 2008 to date he works as a Pediatric Consultant in the Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Section of the Central University Hospital of Asturias.
• ISCIII Scholarship for a stay of 6 months as a Research fellow in the Department of Clinical Nutrition of Children´s Hospital Boston. 2010.
• Coordinator of the Clinical Unit for immediate follow-up of the neonatal screening program of the Principality of Asturias.
• Associate Professor of Pediatrics. School of Medicine. Oviedo University 2015.
• Professor of Biostatistics and Pediatrics. In the Occupational Therapy. School University of Oviedo . 2010-2015.
• ESPGHAN Full Member.
• Member of the Spanish Society of Probiotics and Prebiotics.
• Member of the Nutrition Committee of the Spanish Association of Pediatrics.
• Chair of the Gastrointestinal allergy Working Group of the Spanish Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
• Principal investigator and collaborator in numerous investigation projects. Research lines: cardiovascular risk factors (obesity, high blood pressure, inflammatory markers), salt taste sensitivity, inflammatory markers in IBD, Cystic Fibrosis, Celiac disease, and CMPA.
• Former Director of the Magazine: "Boletin de Pediatria", official publication of the Pediatric Society of Asturias, Cantabria and Castilla-León.
• Author of more than 100 papers in national and international scientific journals, and numerous book chapters.
• He has participated as a speaker in numerous conferences and meetings of the specialty and is the author of more than 100 communications to national and international conferences
The content of this website is for healthcare professionals only.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best for babies.
LGG® is a registered trademark of Chr. Hansen A/S.